See the map
How to reach the agri-rifugio of Molini
Way on foot
1.Starting from Portofino Vetta
Time : 45/50 minutes
Take the trail leading to Pietre Strette (20 minutes walk on a easy wide trail). As you arrived on Pietre Strette, turn right and take the first trail down on your left. Follow the signs to San Fruttuoso via Caselle. After about 25 minutes descent you are at Molini.
The descent is rather difficult and it is necessary to wear trekking shoes or boots.
2. Starting from San Fruttuoso
Time: 20/25 minutes
After reaching San Fruttuoso by boat take the trail leaving from the square in front of the church follow the signs Molini, Caselle, Pietre Strette; the trail is an old mule-track crossing olive and ilex woods, after 20 minutes you reach Molini.
How to reach Portofino Vetta and San Fruttuoso
1. If you come from A7 (Milano Genova) take A12 direction Livorno and exit at Recco and follow direction La Spezia. After reaching Ruta, take the private road on your right indicating Hotel Portofino Kulm. Drive up all the way to a big parking area go on foot following the information above.
2. If you come from La Spezia on A12, exit at Rapallo and follow direction Genova. After going through the Ruta tunnel, turn left on the private road indicate Hotel Portofino Kulm leading Portofino Vetta. Drive up all the way to a big parking area go on foot following the information above.
Get off at Camogli San Fruttuoso station. From here you can:
1. take a bus to Ruta, when you get off take the stairs opposite the bus stop. Walk up on your right and cross the church square; after about 30 meters, take the trail up on your right leading on Portofino Vetta. From here follow the signs to Pietre Strette e San Fruttuoso.
2. take a boat from the harbour of Camogli direction San Fruttuoso. Get off the village and go on foot following the above indications.
You can find the timetable for boats, buses and train on our links.